Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kicking butt...

 Today at work I received a fax advertising a class in Dispatch Judo. After feeling sorry  for dispatchers at other agencies and thanking my lucky stars we don't have nearly that hostile a work environment to require a class in judo, I thought that it might be a good idea to brush up on my fighting skills.

You can imagine my surprise (and disappointment) when I continued to read it only to find out it didn't refer to the ability to level a foe with a roundhouse kick but of verbal judo with difficult callers. Thanks for the let down spam fax. We are no longer friends. Never again will I peruse your tantalizing sheets whilst cleaning up my work area ($149.00 flights/all-inclusive package to Hawaii?? I'm calling right now!!!)


To their credit they made it sound as exciting as possible, the idea of drop kicking a person verbally like Chuck Norris.

What with phrases like "three street truths" or "spar with fellow classmates" (don't get your hopes up...it's all verbal sparring) as well as "control their weaknesses" it's hard to resist.
Especially when I think I could verbally be this man after the class:

Maybe I'll ask my supervisor about it.

After all, once a cop pulled over Chuck Norris...and the cop was lucky to leave with a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment