Monday, December 12, 2011

OPEN LETTER TO WENDY'S:

Dear Wendy,

Today I visited your restaurant for a salad. Specifically, the BLT Cobb Salad. Which looks delicious on your website, by the way. Upon preparing to eat this spectacular creation I realized that it only contained 1 piece of bacon. One. At that point, I felt very cheated. The name of your salad is "BLT" Cobb Salad. Admittedly Wendy, you held up to your end of the bargain -there was bacon; however, I felt you were being rather stingy. After all, by the very definition on your website:
"Treat yourself to the taste of crisp APPLEWOOD SMOKED BACON mixed with real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and avocado ranch dressing" I was lead to believe there would be more bacon.
Of course, perhaps you only meant bacon in a singular form, rather than plural. In all honesty, I don't know the plural of bacon (baconeese? bacons? bacii?) this certainly may poke holes in my lengthy complaint as you may have purposefully left out the whole 'bacii' and meant only a bacon. Still, it seems a shame that a glorious pig had to die for only 1 measely piece in my salad. Surely, he had more to offer. Perhaps also, the reason for this singular piece is that I requested the half size salad. Is it reasonable to assume I would have had 2, nay, even 3 pieces if I had ordered the full size? Alas, we shall never know. 
I would be happy to load a picture of my lone bacon as definitive evidence but I see no such means to do so.

Sincerely,
She Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment