Friday, February 17, 2012

Nerds 101


The other day I realized that Luhvah and I are raising a total geek (like us). Luhvah would prefer to say, "we're raising her right" but imagine my surprise when I read this note that my daughter left for me before heading off to school:


That's it. That's all she wrote.

If the reference is unknown to you just check out this video (start at 5:28min):

Now, let me explain. My Luhvah likes to be weird (I'm sure other dads out there like to tease and be weird with their children too) and since Star Wars is one of his favorite movies (hers too) he's taken to quoting stupid things from the movie.
It goes something like this:

Luhvah (yelling from another room): Hey, monkey! (his nickname for her)

Daughter (yelling back---as you can see, we're a loud family): What?!

Luhvah: I need you to do me a favor! (still yelling)

Daughter (whining): Uuuuuughhhhh. (insert teenage angst and drama here). Yeah?

Luhvah (frantically screaming in a panicked voice): SHUT DOWN ALL THE GARBAGE SMASHERS ON THE DETENTION LEVEL. SHUTDOWNALLTHEGARBAGESMASHERSONTHEDETENTIONLEVEL!

And she laughs hysterically. And the first time I heard it, I did too. Cuz it's totally outta no where. Like, we'll just be watching t.v. or something and he'll suddenly say it to her. And we're a totally geeky family because we get the reference without any explanation.
So, imagine my surprise (and laughter) when I got the note. Because this is one of those weird "dad" things that she laughs at, not really that she instigates.

Yeah, we're raising a lil' nerd. We're raising her right.

No comments:

Post a Comment