Monday, December 7, 2009

Chestnuts roasting...on my sidewalk...

Okay, so that's how the song would have gone had the person lived in Florida. Most certainly jack frost isn't nipping at my nose. As much as I complain about being cold to my co-workers (they tend to keep it a chilly 65 degrees year round in the room!) I do still want the weather outside to be frightful. Right now it's 75 degrees (and, okay, so you couldn't really roast a chestnut on the sidewalk but I'd really appreciate it if you'd follow me in my hyperbole) and tomorrow promises to have highs of 80 degrees so I'm not feeling one inkling of the holidays.
Still, for my daughter's sake, we started putting up the tree yesterday evening. We had nice Christmas music on and I tried to get into the Christmas spirit. Even when I want it to look like this outside:



And, instead I only see this:





Still I tried to make the most of it.   Here are a few pics of the tree:

Detailed shot of ornaments and my butterflies that I got 75% off at Pottery Barn:


And here's my pics having fun with editing:


We'll be finishing up the decorating in the next few days. I'll try and post more pics. I'm hoping it will make me feel more festive with all the decor up.

No comments:

Post a Comment