Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thrift Store finds---I love them!

I could browse thrift stores like, all.the.time. But of course, I don't have the time. Still, when I get the chance, I try and pop into my local thrift store as often as possible (and, bonus for me annoyance for DH, a huge Goodwill opened up just miles from our house!!!). I love to go up and down the aisles, looking for nothing in particular, until I find that perfect something that makes me say "Oh, this would be perfect for [fill in the blank]...!"

My DH doesn't understand it but, bless him, he tolerates me bringing home crap hidden treasures to make them beautiful again. And, though he can't visualize it, he doesn't doubt that what I've brought home will look good when I'm done with it.

Enter this piece:

Yes, that's an ugly, yellow, sun-stripped end table. I couldn't quite figure out if it was stained, painted, white-washed or what? But it was ugly. Still, it had great bones. And my favorite part---it was only 5.00.

Awesome.

I sanded it down and painted some funky stripes on it and voila!


I also added some slight distress just to make the stripes not look so harsh. More subtle than anything.

What I love even more about this was that it only cost me the 5.00. All the paint I had leftover from other projects.

YAY!


  I plan on using it for a tv stand in our loft upstairs (our daughter's play room). I'll post pics when I get it in there.
Until then Happy thrift store treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment