Monday, January 24, 2011

New Rain Boots...finally

Since last year I have been on the lookout for new rainboots. I started out looking at these:
By Chinese Laundry.
Soon, I upgraded to thinking about Hunter boots:

But if you know anything about me you already know I was hurting looking at the price of Hunter boots. $125.00. This may not be a lot to most fashionistas but, to me, it was beyond anything I would want to spend on clothing/shoes.

So, I waited, and waited, and pined for them, and waited. And finally, when I was ready to bite the bullet and just buy them, I went to Nordstrom and tried them on.And...I was less than impressed. For sure, they were made well and, as rain boots went, were top of the line. But really, I wasn't overly impressed when I wore them. They were heavy for one and two, they weren't 125.00 worth of awesome for me.

So, back to the drawing board I went.

After much scouring of the internet, buying other boots and then returning them I settled on a pair of rainboots that fit each criteria. 1) Inexpensive 2) Red 3) fairly fashionable 4) lightweight 5) Inexpensive.

And here was my first rainy day to wear them:




Of course, they aren't Hunters and I wish they were a little redder (they look orange in these pics but that's just my poor quality photo). Overall, this cheap girl is pleased with her rain boots (DSW, Dirty Laundry).
I got a larger size than was necessary but I love that cuz I can slip them on very easily and they are uuber comfortable.
I can't wait for it to rain some more so that I can wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment