Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Party...A Time to Dress


I love annual Christmas parties. Especially when it's for a big corporation like my husbands because it means we have the chance to dress up. These days, it's like no one likes dressing up anymore. Okay, okay, I admit that makes me sound like I'm a grumpy old spinster but really, to quote Clueless:

"So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today [actually this generation all together]. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and, like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so."
 
 So, yeah, I love dressing up. I love my husband dressed up. It's like its from a whole other era really, the idea of dressing nicely. People just don't know how to do it anymore. Dress up for women today is like, club wear, and men, well...a nice pair of jeans that have been washed within, like, the past week is what they consider "dress up".

Anyhow. So, we got to dress up and look here at my handsome husband in a suit:

Totally swoon worthy. *Le Sigh* I love a man in a suit. 





And here's one showing my purdy hair. I love curly ringlets. And rhinestones. You can never undersestimate how pretty you can feel with a little bling on. (dainty bling people, not gaudy excess!).

And one of us together.



I really love the holiday parties that allow dress up. It's so fun and can make me feel so pretty. It's especially great cuz I've had this red dress since summer but it's been too "nice" of a dress to wear just anywhere. So this was a good excuse to wear my red silk dress.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed: 100%! No one bothers anymore. We belong to a ballroom dance group and the one is a semi-formal and the other is formal....which is awesome (ball gowns and tuxes!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ballroom dancing! What fun. That sounds fantastic. Dancing and dressing up? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete