Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Floridians and cold...


Just had to report in two stories I had while working just to show the magnitude of how idiotic Floridians can be when its "cold". Cold being all relative of course, because the high yesterday was approximately 55-58 degrees with lows teetering just above freezing.

Anyhow, yesterday there was a power outage across part of the city so, of course, we had many calls in reference to it (traffic lights were out as well as many buildings, etc). I received one call from a distressed gentleman who was inquiring as to when the power was going to be back on because he worked at a daycare, they had no heat, it was freezing and it wasn't good for the kids-he might have to start calling parents to pick up their children if it wasn't fixed soon because, hey, didn't he already say it was freezing in here with no heat?!

After swallowing my initial response listen you pansy ass bitch it's only 58 degrees outside which is well above freezing in most meterologist's esteem, I advised the gentleman that the electric company was working on the problem and unfortunately there was very little the police dept. could do until the issue was resolved. *eye roll*

The second incident (and more atrocious in my eyes) was from a young lady who was very very perplexed at the ice on her windshield when she awoke in the morning.


She didn't know what to do so she called the police department. Literally, the call went like this:

"Hi, I'm XXXX and I just got into my car and there's ice on my windshield and I don't know what to do."
"Okay, well you can get a scrapper to scrape the ice off the windshield or [here's a novel idea] turn on your heater."
"Yeah, I don't have a scrapper and I have the heater on but I need to leave for work, like, right now."
"Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until the defroster starts to work. The police department doesn't assist in these matters."

Floridians.

1 comment:

  1. Floridians know nothing of cold or what to do when it happens!! Ice to them is a mystery on how to clear it off of anything. Aw, leave it to an Okie to have to set them straight on what to do. Figure the girl might not have known what an ice scrapper was or had even ever heard of one. LOL What fun you can have with them when it's cold!!

    ReplyDelete