Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Sensitive Subject...(Pun Intended)


You know how people have bucket lists? Well, I don't have an official one but, like all people, I have some ideas of what I want to accomplish before I kick it. Some are bigger, some are small. About a week ago I got to cross one of those things off my list.

In this case, I've always been intrigued with the idea of a hairless cat (look for the hidden analogy here people). So, I went looking for one. The best are from Brazil (or so I've heard) *hint, hint* so that was my first inquiry when searching for information online.

First of all, let me tell you that I dislike avoid loathe pain at all costs. I know, I know, most everyone hates pain. But I'm a real pansy when it comes to anything that inflicts pain on myself. I mean, I'm not a thrill seeker, daredevil, or risktaker by any means of the imagination. I go to great lengths to avoid anything that makes me uncomfortable in any manner. The H and I joke that if given a choice between having my arm cut off or his I'd selfishly throw him under the bus. And he'd selflessly give his arm for me (awww...how romantic in a totally sick and twisted way). But I digress. I just needed you to know how big a step this was in the most melodramatic way possible mmmmkay? That way, (though millions of people are hairless cat owners), my sacrifice and pain seem greater.

My point is, I've heard those Brazilian Hairless Cats (come on folks, follow me here!) sure sounded like they would really, really hurt. But I forged ahead with every thought of  "just once, I'll just get one and if I don't like it, well, never again!".

I read reviews online about it and the pain that would accompany a BHC (that's Brazilian Hairless Cat for those of you who haven't been following me thus far). Though it wasn't horrible (based on reviews) they all said to take some extra strength tylenol before undergoing the process so it wasn't exactly a picnic in the park either. I found a reputable location to obtain my BHC and made an appointment.

Before research, I really didn't know much about a BHC. I mean, I knew basically what it was but I didn't know know. Ya know? And did you know that when they say those cats are completely hairless, they mean, like, completely? The front and the behind. I mean, it is a hairless cat after all so it stands to reason that it would be completely bare but I guess I didn't realize...well. Anyhow.

Funnily enough when I polled friends and ladies at work (we're close like that -we can discuss such matters) they all said they'd never gotten a BHC before but all were curious about it and most said that, like me, it was something they'd always wanted to try. So, I became the spokesperson guinea pig for my small sect of friends in the ins and outs of obtaining a BHC. Which was funny because I thought I was like, the last woman on earth to have ever tried this-its so common to have a BHC now. Apparently not in my little world. You'd think this wouldn't be the case though considering how Florida has all the sun and beaches around here I just figured the BHC would be more common place. Perhaps it is and I just run with a different crowd. meh.

Anyhow... the long and short of it (no pun intended-haha!) is that it was slightly painful but not really that bad. Sure, there were definitely those moments when I winced and was like, "AH!Ow! shhhhiiiIIIIIIIII...." But I think, in the end (again, no pun intended), it wasn't that bad. Probably because it only took 30 minutes. I knew I could get through anything if it only lasted 30 minutes. I reported back to friends that there were no casualties in my obtaining the BHC and most likely I'll be keeping it.

Oh, and the husband? Surprised and loving the BHC.

No comments:

Post a Comment