Monday, December 13, 2010

Weather forecast--it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Here's what I saw on the weather today:
Just look at the low tonight! 30 degrees! Wow. Below freezing in Florida. Hip-hip-hooray! It's definitely beginning to feel more like Christmas and I wanted to show you my Christmas decorations. I've been rather blah about them lately because I've been working so much and I haven't found the energy nor excitement to put up all my decorations.

Still, I had to put up some decorations or my poor daughter would suffer the terrible feeling of having a grinch for a mother:

We at least put up the outside lights and the tree. I have tons of other christmas items, garland, wreaths, etc to go on my staircase and around the house but I just haven't been "feeling it". Anyhow.

Here are the lights outside. Just ignore the fact that the garland around the front door has only 1/4 of the lights working. That's how lazy I've been. I threw up that garland, plugged in the lights, and realized, "Oh, crap. They aren't working. I should fix it take it down....aw, hell, just leave it.". And it's been like that for 2 weeks now. No wreath on the door, half-lit garland- Grinch indeed.

The tree fared much better since my daughter put it up, my husband put on the lights, and all I did was supervise the hanging of ornaments (which my daughter and her friends hung).

Still, it's not half the decorations we could have ladled on.

One of my favorite things on our tree are the bubble lights:

You might not be able to see it but that's bubbling going on in there.When the light below warms the liquid in the tube they bubble. These lights are the one thing that really put me in the Christmas mood. My aunt had them on her tree (I think she still does) and they always seemed so magical to me as a child. I would stare at them because they were so pretty and bubbly and I was entranced.
So, when I grew up, that magical feeling never left and I had to have some myself. I think they were popular back in the 60's maybe? they aren't popular now so no one has them on their tree. Hopefully, when my daughter grows up she'll have the same feeling about these lights. Slightly sentimental and a nostalgia of childhood Christmases.

Of course, here in Florida, no tree would be complete without the Mickey ornament:



Sorry for the blurry pic.

Well, there it is- a little Christmas here in Florida. The weather is nice enough to play along. 30 degrees people! Woo-hoo!

Now if only I can figure out how to get it to snow here...

No comments:

Post a Comment