Saturday, October 3, 2009

Craigslist Makeover...on the cheap

I've really gotten involved in the whole Craiglist craze and love going through tons and tons of posts to find that one gem that will be perfect for me. Since I'm so cheap thrifty I always try and keep my finds on the very low side.

I had been looking for a round table to go in our breakfast area for about a year. Everything I found was either not the look I wanted or out of my price range. Then, because of my faithful endeavors, I ran across this:


It was listed on CL for only 25.00 for the table AND 4 chairs! Yippee! Exactly what I was looking for.
After sanding, painting and poly it now has a happy home in my breakfast area:



What's even better? The paint I used was free from Glidden. I painted the table a light icy blue called Polished Pewter and the chairs just a basic white but you can't really tell the difference in the two because it's so subtle. Overall, I am definitely happy with it.

What I spent:
Table and chairs: 25.00
Glidden paint: FREE
Spray paint for chairs: 10.00
______________________
Total for makeover: 35.00

No comments:

Post a Comment